While the Amalfi coast is part of the province of Salerno, the splendid island of Capri is part of the province of Naples (and in fact belongs to the Sorrento coast); despite this it is possible to visit Capri directly from Salerno.
As the map shows, the city of Salerno has 2 ports:
1) the “Salerno – Concordia” port is the main port of the city, it is located in the center, a 5-minute walk from the B&B.
The “Travelmar” company operates in this port, offering a very efficient ferry service to visit the entire Amalfi coast (Cetara – Maiori – Minori – Amalfi – Positano).
2) The second port of the city is the “Salerno – Manfredi“ port. This port is located just outside the historic center and is in fact a 20/25 minute walk from the B&B.
The “NLG” company operates in this port, offering a transport service through which it is possible to visit the island of Capri.
Precisely from Molo Manfredi there are 2 different types of transport to reach Capri:
- the fast ferry “Jet” of the NLG company (leaves at 8:20, returns at 17:15, reaches Capri in 80/90 minutes, and has a cost (for round trip) of 49.50 euros;
- the motorboat (leaves at 8:40 am, returns at 5:30 pm, reaches Capri in 110/120 minutes, and has a cost (for round trip) of 48.30 euros.
As shown in the photo, we recommend the fast ferry “Jet“ and, to reach Molo Manfredi from the B&B, we recommend:
- a taxi, in the morning, to reach the port in 3 minutes, (taxi that can be booked at the following number: 089757575);
- while, on the way back, you can also prefer a nice walk in place of the taxi (the map shows that it is a walk that crosses all the most beautiful places of the city).